The admissions process includes the following steps:
- Schedule a parent tour and parent conference with the Director of Admission. Prospective students will be invited to visit at a later date.
- Complete the Application online and submit Application Fee. The information on the application must be accurate and complete. Failure to provide complete and accurate information as required by the application may provide cause for termination of the enrolled child, determined solely at the discretion of Triangle Day School.
- Sign the Records Release Form and give it to the current school. The school should mail the student's transcript to Triangle Day School.
- Give the Teacher Evaluation Form to the current classroom teacher. The teacher will return the form directly to Triangle Day School.
- Schedule a student evaluation session at Triangle Day School.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK), Kindergarten (K), and Grade 1 applicants will visit for a one-hour "play day" in January or early February to be arranged by the Director of Admission.
Second through fifth grade applicants will complete an assessment during a classroom visit scheduled in January or early February.
Sixth through eighth grade applicants are asked to register for the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) on one of the designated testing days. Registration booklets are available through the Admissions Office. An additional fee is required for this standardized testing. Prospective students will also be scheduled to visit TDS for a full school day in January or early February.
Triangle Day School requires that all academic and test records, including medical needs and psychological testing, be submitted in addition to the Teacher Evaluation Form. Students cannot be considered for placement without these records.
An Admissions Committee reviews all applications and materials with care. For grades in which there are more qualified applicants than openings, the School will, to the best of its ability, offer admission to those students who demonstrate the greatest promise of success in the School's educational program.
Letters of acceptance for TK, K, and 1 will be mailed in February and for Grades 2-8 in March. Parents have 10 days from notification of acceptance by Triangle Day School to electronically sign the Enrollment Contract and pay the Enrollment Fee.